
One would assume to need to be a millionaire to enjoy the pleasure of vacationing in Bali. Think again. With smart planning, good contacts, a group of friends, and a little research, one can life in the lap of luxury in a four bedroom villa for eight days for a budget. Why not indulge yourself in private Balinese massages in your private and gated villa? Of course the 24-hour service and private chef is a perk, traveling to Indonesia has been certainly an unforgettable, pocket-friendly, and cultural experiences.
This is my first trip south of the Equator. My skin is starting to hate me- yet I can't help but soak as much Balinese sun as possible before my brother and I trek around the Malay penninsula. The people of Bali are incredibly hospitible, peaceful, and appreciative. Our villa is surrounded by green, lush gardends and rice fields. Located in the village of Canggu, we are about 15-20 minutes away from the touristy spot of Kuta and Seminyak. The beach outside our villa is a quiet, dotted with traditional fishing boats, Hindu temples, and farm.
A quick fact- Indonesia is the fouth most populous country in the world- about 88% are Muslim and 2% Hindus-who mostly reside here in Bali. Thus, the Balinese have a colorful and distinct culture and heritage separate from the rest of the Islamic country. Even though there have been numerous bombings and threats against foreigners in Bali recently, I have yet to feel threatened in this country.
Today, the whole crew decided to lay low and relax at our house. Emerald and I ran on the beach for about 45 minutes, came back and ate a killer brunch. In the afternoon the seven of us had Balinese massages-in the house. It was a little silly seeing the 7 massage tables being set up around the villa. Massage was DECADENT and inexpensive. I think all of us will be 'splurging' on more private massages this week.
