Tuesday, September 12, 2006

"To Pretty Teacher Julienne Shaw" Signed, your student!

Tuesday mornings... my most hectic day. I wasn't feeling so motivated to teach today until one of my students gave me a gift (a photo holder/ paper weight) and a letter!
here is what Ae Young wrote to me, verbatim. Ahem ahem...

"Hi, Teacher (cartoon character waving and winking at me!)

I'm Hong Ae Young in 2-8. Nice to meet you.
You told me that your favorite stars are Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie, me too.
Also, my favorite movie star is Keanu Reeves in movie 'Constantine' and 'Matrix."
Keanu Reeves is handsome ^ ^* isn't he?
When I saw you first, I feel that you look so beautiful like an Egyptian.
Very pretty. (Big smiley face with bow)
Umm...
Let me introduce myself.
I have 4 people in my family. Father, Mother, Older Brother, and me.
My older brother is 19 years old.
My favorite food is 'green tea sweet potato cake' (<--- the name of cake).
Do you like cake, too? and do you like cartoon?
I like cake and cartoon.
I joined cartoon club 'A.O.N.' in our school.
'A.O.N.' means cArtoon Or Nothing.
This is very good club. I think.
Everyone has beautiful face and kindness and many talent. Hahaha (picture of a girl waving a wand.)
This in a joke. But, we try to make many talent and we practice hard, too.
Teacher-!
Do you miss your parents? When I was five years old I went to Busan with only my older brother, I missed my parents. Also, when I went camping without my family I missed my family.
You maybe want to go to hometown, don't you?
But, cheer up! You have many your students now!
We will make you happy and we'll be your good friends. ^_^* Bye! (Picture of hand waving)
Have a good day! (Picture of bear with peace signs.)"

This letter just melted my heart. I hope to receive more letters and gifts! Hmm... maybe I should assign all of my 24 classes to write me letters and shower me with gifts.

I start my second "Chang-gu" drum lesson tomorrow night!