Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Like mother, like daughter.



My mom came to visit me in Korea last week! She first went to Taiwan to visit her relatives and friends for 2 weeks, then came to Jeju to visit my school, homestay, and experience the chaos I endure on a daily basis. It was so wonderful to see my mom, especially during Mother's Day too (Korean and American!) We did what we do best... shop, eat, and gossip. :) She only stayed in Jeju for 4 short days, then we flew to Seoul for the weekend to meet a college friend, and shopped, ate, and gossiped some more. After spending much needed time with my mom, I realized how much I have missed my family and my home. At first I wanted to work in Shanghai... but now it seems as though I'm still itching to move back to the East Coast. Most of my best friends are moving/working/going back to school in NYC.. so I think that's where I'll be in the near future as well. Right now I'm just playing the waiting game and connecting with people in the certain industry I'm seeking to work in. Crossing fingers. I have a PLAN. And if I play my cards right, I'll be on my way to the Big A. :)


Here are some pictures from my mom's visit to my humble island (which involves mostly being attacked by my students) and Seoul! We ate lots of yummy Korean food and saw the most beautiful beaches of Jeju Island. Enjoy the pics!